Last Updated: September 21, 2021
• Online orders, purchases, and other transactions.
• Gus’s BBQ’s electronic communications, such as newsletters, customer support services, or messages about a purchase or transaction.
We collect information from you directly, from the devices you use to interact with us, and from third parties. We may combine information from the Services together and with other information obtain from our business records.
Information you give us
You may provide the following information to us directly:
• Personal and contact information, such as name, email address, ZIP code, and phone number.
• Payment information, including credit card information and billing address.
• Your transaction history with us.
• Information contained in your communications with us, including customer service requests.
• Information you make available to us via a social media platform.
• Any information or data you provide by posting, interacting with, or commenting on content posted on our Services. Please note that such posts and comments are also visible to other users of our Services.
• Information you submit to inquire about or apply for a job with us.
• Any other information you submit to us.
Information we collect automatically
We create records when you make purchases or otherwise interact with the Services. We and partners working on our behalf may also use log files, cookies, or other digital tracking technologies to collect information from the device you use to interact with our Services.
We may automatically collect the following information:
• Device information, including IP address (which may disclose the location of your computer or device), device identifiers, and details about your web browser.
• Analytical information, including details about your interaction with our online properties and electronic communications.
• Diagnostic information, including web traffic logs.
• Advertising information, including special advertising or other unique identifiers that enable us or third parties working on our behalf to target advertisements to you. Please be aware that our advertising partners may collect information about you when you visit third-party websites or use third-party apps. They may use that information to better target advertisements to you on our behalf.
• Business record information, including records of your purchases and other transactions.
If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, some features of the Services may not work properly. It may also delete your opt-out preferences. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can use the following links to find out more information about the privacy practices of some of our partners who may collect the information described above:
Information we collect from other sources
We may collect the following information about you from third-party sources:
• Information about your interests, activities, and employment history from social networks and other places where you choose to share information publicly.
• Information about your interaction with ads that we place on third party websites, from online advertising companies.
• If you place an order or complete a transaction on behalf of another person, we will collect your and the other person’s names, email address, and/or phone numbers to send related electronic communications and follow-up with the other person. You agree that you will not give us contact information of another person without their consent. You also agree that you will not send us the contact information of a minor. We will inform the other person that you gave us their information in the follow-up communication.
We may use any of the information we collect for the following purposes:
• Service functionality: To provide you with our products and services, including to take steps to enter a contract for sale or for services, process payments, fulfill orders, send service communications, and conduct general business operations, such as accounting, recordkeeping, and audits.
• Communications: To contact you and to provide you with records and information regarding your orders and transactions.
• Service improvement: To improve and grow our Services, including to develop new products and services and understand how our Services are being used, our customer base and purchasing trends, and the effectiveness of our marketing.
• Personalization: To offer you recommendations and tailor the Services to your preferences.
• Advertising and marketing: To send you marketing communications, personalize the advertisements you see on third-party online properties, and measure the effectiveness of our advertising. We may share your information with business partners, online advertising partners, and social media platforms for this purpose.
• Security: To protect and secure our Services, assets, network, and business operations; and to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal.
• Legal compliance: To comply with legal process, such as warrants, subpoenas, court orders, and lawful regulatory or law enforcement requests, to comply with applicable legal requirements, or to take other lawful action in accordance with applicable law.
We may use information that we aggregate (compile to create statistics that cannot identify a particular individual) or de-identify (strip information of all unique identifiers such that it cannot be linked to a particular individual) at our discretion.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We may share any of the information we collect with the following recipients:
• Affiliates. We share information with our member restaurants as needed for them to fulfill your order.
• Service providers. We have vendors who perform functions on our behalf, and they may have access to your information if necessary to perform their functions. They are obligated to maintain the confidentiality of your information and to use your information only for the purpose of providing these functions, which include:
• Supporting Service functionality, such as vendors that support online shopping and purchase experiences, newsletter registration, customer service and customer relationship management, order fulfillment, freight services, application development, list cleansing, postal mailings, and communications.
• Auditing and accounting firms, such as firms that assist us in the creation of our financial records.
• Professional services consultants, such as firms that perform analytics, assist with improving our business, provide legal services, or supply project-based resources and assistance.
• Analytics and marketing services, including entities that analyze traffic on our online properties and assist with identifying and communicating with potential customers.
• Security vendors, such as entities that assist with security incident verification and response, service notifications, and fraud prevention.
• Information technology vendors, such as entities that assist with website design, hosting and maintenance, data and software storage, and network operation.
• Marketing vendors, such as entities that support distribution of newsletters and marketing emails.
• Business partners. We may share your contact information with affiliated companies or other organizations for marketing purposes.
• Social media platforms. If you interact with us on social media platforms, the platform may be able to collect information about you and your interaction with us. If you interact with or choose to connect with a social media platform through plugins or links on our websites, both the platform and your connections on the platform may be able to view that activity. These activities are subject to privacy and other policies made applicable by the operator of the linked websites. To control this sharing of information, please review the policies of the relevant social media platform.
• Government entities/law enforcement/parties to a legal proceeding. We may share information if required to do so by law or based on our good-faith belief that such action is lawfully authorized or required to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Services; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Services, our customers, or our users; and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, and employees, or the users of the Services, other individuals, or the public.
We may share aggregate, de-identified, and other non-personal information in any other manner that we deem appropriate or necessary.
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR JOB APPLICANTS
When you apply for a job with us, we may collect information from you, including:
• Information you provide in connection with your application.
• Information that you make available in your social media accounts.
• Information about you that is available publicly.
• Information that you authorize us to collect via third parties, including former employers or references.
In certain circumstances, you may submit your application for employment through a third-party service that displays our job posting. We do not control the privacy practices of these third-party services. Please review their privacy policies carefully prior to submitting your application materials.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Services. We limit access to information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you, or in order to do their jobs.
While we use reasonable efforts to safeguard your information, we are not responsible for the unauthorized acts of third parties, and we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
You are entirely responsible for the protecting the security and confidentiality of your account and account password outside of the Services. You are also responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
We may store information about you for as long as we have a legitimate business need for it.
Cross-border data transfer
We may collect, process, and store your information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the United States regarding information may be different from the laws of your country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law.
Our Services are not directed to people under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect information from people under 13 years old. If you are under 13 years old, you should not use our Services, and under no circumstances should you send information about yourself to us without providing us with consent from your parents or legal guardian. If we become aware that we have received personal information from a visitor under the age of 13 and we do not have parental consent or legal guardian consent, we will delete the information from our records.
Sharing of Medical or Health Information
To the extent that we receive protected health information about you, that information is subject to electronic disclosure to the extent permitted by applicable law.
OPTIONS AND RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
Your Information and use of our Services: To remove your personal information from our database or to no longer receive services from us, send an email to email@example.com with the word “remove” in the subject line. Please also contact us at the email address listed above if you would like to correct or update your personal information or account information.
Your account: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to correct or update your personal information or account information. You may cancel your account with us at any time by sending an email to email@example.com with the word “remove” in the subject line.
Email unsubscribe: You may opt-out of receiving future email messages and newsletters from us at any time. If you do not wish to receive our newsletters or other marketing information from us, or wish to opt out of future email promotions from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that all newsletter and other promotional email messages you receive from us will include an option to opt out of future email communications.
Ad choices: You have options to limit the information that we and our partners collect for online advertising purposes.
• The following industry organizations offer opt-out choices for companies that participate in them: the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative.
If you exercise these options, please be aware that you may still see advertising, but it will not be personalized. Nor will exercising these options prevent other companies from displaying personalized ads to you.
If you delete your cookies, you may also delete your opt-out preferences.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California’s “Shine the Light” Law, California residents are entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS
If you have questions or comments, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for visiting our website. We hope you enjoy your visit.